If you have been using Excel for some time now and want to take it further and develop more functionality in Excel then this one-day course covers features for experienced users of Microsoft Excel, and is an ideal follow-on from the Beyond the Basics course. We look at worksheet revision, advanced formatting and functions, using external data, data validation, pivot tables, scenarios, and what-if analysis.
You will learn how to
- Work with worksheets
- Use advanced formatting to highlight data meeting various conditions
- Control data input with data validation
- Carry out text manipulation with functions
- Use the rounding and count functions
- Work with an array function
- Protect worksheets and workbooks
- Use data from external databases and web sites
- Work with ranges and tables
- Consolidate data and audit formulas
- Work with pivot tables, pivot charts and timelines
- Set up slicers for filtering
- Use the scenario manager
- Carry out ‘what if’ analysis with the solver
- Use data tables for ‘what if’ analysis
Who would benefit from this Microsoft Excel 2013 course?
This course is designed for people who are looking to use more features of their spreadsheet to give their work that extra polished look and functionality. If you want to learn how to work with macros then the Automating Excel using Macros and VBA course would be more beneficial.
A basic understanding of Microsoft Excel 2013 is required, or attendance on the Microsoft Excel Beyond the Basics course.