This three-day course is designed for people who wish to program using Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to automate Microsoft Excel and so making it easier for you or your end-users to operate. It covers the minimum skills required to get the best out of Macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Excel. Each delegate will carry out various practical exercises during the course, which involves them working through examples of each subject covered.
This course is suitable for all versions of Microsoft Excel.
Learn how to:
- Use the VBA editor
- Record macros
- Work with and refer to objects
- Use the Excel object model
- Program worksheets and workbooks
- Work with VBA language concepts
- Declare different data types
- Use commands and statements
- Use variables and constants
- Program event procedures
- Control program flow with conditional constructs and looping
- Create your own procedures and functions
- Work with scope and lifetime of variables to minimise programming project effects
- Create code to interact with the user
- Create your own forms and dialogues
- Use error handling and debug code
- VBA best practices
Who would benefit from this Automating Excel using Macros and Visual Basic for Applications course?
This course is designed for Excel users who wish to use Macros and Visual Basic for Applications to give more functionality to users and improve automation of tasks within Excel.
A good understanding of Excel as a user. As this course involves learning to write computer programs, completion of a pre-course aptitude test is required to help determine suitability of a candidate.